Science and Animal Care Technician (16.5 hours per week)
£6, 192.41 - £8, 144.76 actual (£13, 886.00 - £18, 264.00 FTE)
You will support the curriculum delivery of the Science and Animal care courses with specific responsibility for the well-being, general care and health of a variety of species of animals.
You will also be responsible for preparation for Biology and Science lessons/exams/tasks and student work placement coordination.
Key qualities sought:
•Experience of working with a variety of animals
• An eye for detail and absolute accuracy.
• Very strong understanding of Health and Safety and hygiene.
• An evident ‘positive’ and ‘can do’ attitude which will strengthen the colleges’ culture and values of integrity, respect, openness, fairness, high expectation and enjoyment.
• Enjoyment in managing multiple tasks and prioritising to ensure preparations are achieved in a timely manner.
• Flexible working arrangements.
Applications close at 12noon on the date of closing.
We are committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of all learners. We expect our employees to share this commitment.
Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service – DBS, (formerly CRB) check.
Any persons applying for roles involving 'regulated activity' (as defined by the DBS), will also be subject to a check on the child and/or adult barred list(s).
“Inspiring learners to succeed in life and in work.”Apply now
Closing date: 20/01/2017
Salary: £6, 192.41 - £8, 144.76 actual (£13, 886.00 - £18,
Term: Fractional, Permanent
For more information about this vacancy, download the full job description.