Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post-16) courses, work-based learning (Apprenticeships) and the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale, and currently in the top 5% of College’s in the UK for 16-18 student success. We have an opportunity to join our successful IT team in providing 1st & 2nd Support to staff and students. This post will ideally suit someone with previous IT Support and customer service experience, having worked in a dynamic team and capable of managing tasks and prioritising effectively. You will be responsible for performing incident and problem management, providing a responsive, friendly, customer and solution focused IT support service to staff and students. You will be required to work flexible shift patterns covering 08:00 – 16:00, 09:00 – 17:00 or 11:00 – 19:00. The post holder must be technically confident in providing hardware and software support, possess excellent customer service, communication, time management and organisational skills, have a ‘can do’ approach, with a determination to succeed and see problems through to a solution. To support the successful candidates’ continual development, you will be required to undertake a work based learning qualification as part of the role. This will be based on individual needs, but may include a Technical, Customer Service or Business IT Administration qualification.
Key qualities sought:
• Demonstrable experience working in a customer focussed technical support / IT Helpdesk role.
• Experience supporting desktop hardware & software, mobile phones, tablets and peripheral devices.
• An evident ‘positive’ and ‘can do’ attitude which will strengthen the colleges’ culture and values of integrity, respect, openness, fairness, high expectation and enjoyment.
• Enjoyment in working on multiple tasks and prioritising to achieve deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisational, time management and team working skills
• Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
Applications must be received by 12noon on the date of closing.
We are committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of all learners. We expect our employees to share this commitment.
Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service – DBS, (formerly CRB) check.
Any persons applying for roles involving 'regulated activity' (as defined by the DBS), will also be subject to a check on the child and/or adult barred list(s).
“Inspiring learners to succeed in life and in work.”Apply now
Closing date: 31/01/2018
Salary: £15,546 - £20,660
For more information about this vacancy, download the full job description.