Head of Executive Support
£23,831 to £29,311
This role is based within the College’s Executive Suite. The main purpose of the role is to act as a Personal Assistant to the Principal and to lead and manage the Executive Support Team, supporting senior post holders and governors in the delivery of the College’s strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a high standard of administrative support and initiative which appropriately reflects the professional and corporate image of the College and the Executive level of operation.
You will have recent experience of working as a Personal Assistant to senior management with excellent administrative and organisational skills. You will be a strong team player with highly effective interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to demonstrate initiative. Diplomatic and discreet in approach, you will be able to manage a complex and demanding workload, be able to work to deadlines and have the ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly.
Key qualities sought:
• Recent experience of working as a PA at Senior Manager/Director level with a proven record of achievement working effectively at this level.
• Experience of supervising and leading a team
• Experience of servicing meetings including: supporting Chairs, drafting agendas, minute taking and chasing actions.
• Experience of office management, developing procedures, budget control
• Resilience, stamina and an ability to stay calm under pressure
• Experience of electronic diary management.
• Excellent written and numerical skills to draft correspondence, write reports, prepare presentations etc.
• Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
Applications must be received by 12noon on the date of closing.
We are committed to safeguarding and promote the welfare of all learners. We expect our employees to share this commitment.
Employment at the College is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service – DBS, (formerly CRB) check.
Any persons applying for roles involving 'regulated activity' (as defined by the DBS), will also be subject to a check on the child and/or adult barred list(s).
“Inspiring learners to succeed in life and in work.”Apply now
Closing date: 30/03/2017
Salary: £23,831 - £29,311
For more information about this vacancy, download the full job description.