Cricket Centre of Excellence
Do you love cricket and fancy a career in the sports industry but don’t want to put your studies aside? Calderdale College now offers you a unique combination course that allows you to achieve your vocational qualification while developing your cricket skills!
Calderdale College has partnered with Pro Coach Yorkshire and now offers a BTEC Sport qualification (Level 1, 2 or 3) that is studied alongside bespoke training sessions to further your cricket skills.
Pro Coach Yorkshire will offer support to deliver and drive the Cricket initiative at the College. Students at the College will be able to utilise the extensive network and links in the community to help them progress professionally.
This course combines approximately 5 hours of cricket coaching a week including batting, bowling, fielding and strength and conditioning sessions.
The academic side of the course requires 6 units to be completed:
3 Core Units:
• Anatomy for Sport and Exercise
• Sport and Exercise Physiology
• Sport and Exercise Psychology
3 Optional Units:
• Work-based Experience in Sport
• Practical Team Sports
• Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
• Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
• Sports Coaching
There are several progression routes available to students, these include: Coaching Education, volunteering opportunities, many pathways into the fitness industry and the opportunity to complete the Gym Instructor Level 2 Award with potential to progress to the Personal Training Level 3 Award.
Sports Coach £14,000 - £35,000
Sports Development Manager £23,000 - £50,000
• Excellent on-site facilities
• Pro Coach Yorkshire Cricket coaches to provide the coaching programme
• Exit routes dependent on success/ability to include links into county trials, as well as options with neighbouring counties such as Durham, Derby and Leicester and a broad range of careers in the Sports Industry.