What is a Traineeship?
A traineeship is a training and education programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of young people and prepares them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’.
At its core are English and maths qualifications, work preparation training and a high quality work experience placement giving 16 to 24 year olds the skills and experience that employers are looking for, helping them secure an apprenticeship or other job in the future.
The programme can last up to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to individual career needs.
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity if you are motivated to get a job but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
If you have been unsuccessful when applying for an apprenticeship or other job due to a lack of skills and experience then you might be a good candidate for a traineeship.
Benefits of Traineeship
Traineeships have been developed in response to research showing that young people frequently lack the knowledge and experience employers expect in the workplace.
Traineeships will help to tackle this problem, while benefiting you in the following ways:
- Work preparation training will put you in a better position to compete for an apprenticeship or other job.
- Maths and English support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills needed to boost your chances of getting a job, as well as improving your long term prospects and earning potential over your lifetime.
- The opportunity to build your CV and get vital experience with local and national employers, where you are able to learn about the business and the industry it operates in.
- Employers are at the centre of the work preparation training which ensures you are ‘work ready’ and have the confidence to take the first step to securing a job and starting your career.
- At the end of your work experience placement you’ll get a job interview with the company if a role becomes available or a reference and an exit interview.
How to apply
For further information about Apprenticeship Courses, Vacancies and how to apply, please contact us.